Python + Frenetic = Pyretic
Pyretic is one member of the Frenetic family of SDN programming languages. As such Pyretic enables network programmers and operators to write succinct modular network applications by providing powerful abstractions. Pyretic is both a programmer-friendly domain-specific language embedded in Python and the runtime system that implements programs written in the Pyretic language on network switches.
Learn More and Try it Out
‡ Some examples from our publications are deprecated while being overhauled in the current codebase. To try these examples, switch to the deprecated branch of our codebase.
- QoS Support - Rate Limiting & Prioritization
- Efficient Topology Abstraction
- Access Control
- Incremental Switch Update Optimizations
- Efficient Query Compilation
- Switch Rule Caching
- Backend (to Switch) Improvements
- Controller Distribution